Casa Grande is located in the south-central part of the state of Arizona and a city on Pinal County and is in the nearby Santa Cruz river that is in the southwestern part of Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. The town was developed to become a health resort in an irrigated agricultural area that raises cotton, fruit, and alfalfa. The local mines that are found in the region produce copper, silver, and gold. The Native American ruins were discovered by the Jesuit missionary in 1694 named Eusebio Kino, are dominated by the Casa Grande or "Big House" in Spanish, and built a four-story adobe watchtower that was built in the 14th century by the Salado people. The Hohokam Pima National Monument is found nearby the city in the north wherein the preserves were partially excavated and were the village sites of the earlier Hohokam culture.
Back to Home