Located in the northeastern part of the state of Illinois and a village in Cook County. Arlington Heights sits in the northwest of downtown Chicago. The area was first settled in 1836 and the original settlers have adopted the present name of the village. When the rail connection with Chicago was completed, agriculture became a mainstay in its economy, however, the village developed as a residential suburb for Chicago and light industry, such as telecommunications research was adopted. The Arlington Park horse track opened in 1927 in the village, and was later destroyed by a fire in 1985.
Back to Home