Tinley Park is located in the state of Illinois, and a village in Cook County, wherein a small portion of the limits are in Will County. The area where the present-day Tinley Park stands were settled by the immigrants in the 1820s that came from the eastern part of the United States. By the 1840s, the German settlers were the influential groups who settled in the area, and the village was then named as Bremen in 1853. The other groups who settled in the area include the English, Irish, Scottish, Canadian, and other American settlers, were also standard in the village. The railroads expanded during the late 19th century, and it was located where the Chicago, Rock Island, and the Pacific Railroad line passes through. With the strong influence of the railroad during the 1890s, its name was then changed to Tinley Park, which was in honor of the first railroad station agent, Samuel Tinley, Sr.
Back to Home