Council Bluffs is located in the southwestern part of the state of Iowa and nd a city and seat of Pottawattamie County and sits along the Missouri River which is just across In 1804, the Lewis and Clark Expedition also passed by the area and has held consultations with the Indian tribes Oto and Missouri at the Council Hill or Council Bluff. A monument was then created to commemorate the meeting that was held. There were a number of trading posts that were established at the site, which is along the riverbank. The area was then settled by the Mormons and was named Miller’s Hollow and Council Point in 1846. The community was later renamed to Kanesville after Colonel Thomas Kanes, who helped the Mormons during their migration stage in the area.
Back to Home