Lincoln Park is located in the state of Michigan and a city in Wayne County. It sits in an area with cities and communities known as Downriver. The settlement was first organized as a village in 1921, and was then reorganized as a city in 1925. The area where the present-day Lincoln Park stands was originally inhabited by the Potawatomi Native Americans who then ceded the area to Pierre St. Cosme in 1776, who is a French settler. The city was developed to become the bedroom community, wherein it provides a home to the workers in the nearby steel mills and automobile plants around Detroit while the city itself has no definite industry of their own. Lincoln Park used to be the site for meetings held during the Pontiac’s Rebellion, long before it was incorporated as a city.
Back to Home