St. Peter is located in the state of Missouri and a city in St. Charles County. The area where the present-day St. Peter stands was inhabited by the Mississippian mound builders before the Europeans arrived in the area. During the construction on Interstate 70 in 1954, the remains of the ancient village were unearthed, and a street nearby the site was named Mound Drive after the mounds that were built by the communities. IThe earliest documented activities of the European settlers who arrived in the area were from a Spanish census that was conducted in 1791, which recorded a land grant. The village was named St. Peters by the Jesuit missionaries that settled in the area. St. Peters was a small farming community throughout the 20th century.
Back to Home