Bellevue is located in the eastern part of the state of Nebraska and a city in Sarpy County and sits in the Missouri River that is on the southern part of Omaha. In 1804, the Clark and Lewis Expedition visited the area where the present-day Bellevue stands. A fur-trading post was established in 1822, and the site was named Bellevue or “beautiful view” in French. Bellevue was considered as Nebraska’s oldest settlement and plays an essential role in the missionary center and is the agency of Oto, Pawnee, and Omaha Indians. A log cabin in the area and the Fontanelle Bank was once used in 1830 and is still being preserved up to the present. The city’s economy and residential area were boosted upon the establishment of the Martin Bomber Plant at the Fort Crook and the Offutt Air Force Base.