Located in the northwestern part of the state of Oregon and the seat of Washington County, Hillsboro is situated adjacent to the Tualatin River. The first settlers recorded were in 1841 called the area Columbus and later renamed it, by court order, for its founder. Hillsboro was developed as a processing-shipping center that is intended for wheat, dairy products, and truck-garden produce. One of the important factors in the development of the city’s development is its electronics manufacturing and its specialty horticulture for the modern economy. The Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve is being maintained by the city with its 650-acre wetland. The Hillsboro Old Scottish Church is still being used up to the present, its cemetery contains the graves of several well-known personalities and pioneers.
Back to Home