Tigard is located in the state of Washington and a city in Washington County. The area where the present-day Tigard stands were inhabited by many families, just like many of the towns that are within the Willamette Valley. The area's most noteworthy family is the Tigard, whom upon arriving in the area named it as East Butte in 1852, and the family was involved in the organization and establishment of the East Butte School, a general store, and a meeting hall. And in 1886, the name of the community was changed from East Butte to Tigardville. The period between 1907 and 1910 marked the city's rapid growth as Main Street blossomed when several establishments and buildings were constructed that includes a shop/post office, grocery store, dance hall, and other various commercial buildings.
Back to Home