Located in the state of South Carolina and the city in York County. It sits nearby Catawba River which is south of Charlotte, North Carolina. The area was established as a depot on the Charlotte and South Carolina Railroad in 1851, it was then named for a flint hill which is within the area’s vicinity. During the American Civil War, the city became a transfer point for the Confederate troops and supplies. It then started the development of cotton mills in the area which spurred the community’s growth in 1867. Industrial activity has been centered on the production of power-driven hand tools, plastic products, textiles, and wood pulp.
Back to Home