Duncanville is located in the state of Texas and a city in the southern part of Dallas County. The city is known to be a part of the Best Southwest area, which also includes Cedar Hill, DeSoto, and Lancaster. The settlement started in the area’s limits in 1845 when Crawford Trees, an Illinois resident that purchased several thousand acres at the south of Camp Dallas. The Texas and Mexican Central Railway arrived in the area in 1880 and Duncan Switch was established, it was named after one of the line foramen. The community’s first postmaster renamed the settlement to Duncanville in 1882, and in the late 19th century, Duncanville became home to a number of dry goods stores, a domino parlor, a pharmacy, and a school. It was between 1904 to 1933 when the population of Duncanville started to increase from 113 to 300 when residents from different states moved into the area.