North Richland Hills is found in the state of Texas and a city in Tarrant County and is considered as a mid-to-high suburb of Fort Worth. The area was first settled by the 600 families that were brought by the W.S. Peters area within a three-year period, which is part of the land grant. The families started to arrive in the summer of 1848, and Tarrant County was then established in 1849 and was named after General Edward H. Tarrant. The site remained to be a rural agricultural and ranching community and has stayed for more than 100 years. The area was then subdivided as a suburban addition to the area of the present-day Cummings Drive. The town had aimed to be annexed to Richland Hills and has then voted to form their city when the annexation they sought was denied.
Back to Home