Pflugerville is situated in the state of Texas, and a city in Travis County and wherein a small portion of its area is in Williamson County. The town is a suburb of Austin and forms part of the Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos Metropolitan Statistical Area. The area where the present-day Pflugerville was named after the German settler who used to farm the area - Henry Pfluger. He brought his family to the city from Germany in 1849. The area was not developed until the end of the Civil War, wherein the residents then built a school and a Lutheran church. A post office was then established and opened in 1893, and in the middle of the 1890s, the community’s population reached 250 residents. In 1904, the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas line completed the construction of the railroad that runs along Georgetown and Austin and passes Pflugerville.
Back to Home