Richardson is located in the northern part of the state of Texas and is a suburb in the north portion of Dallas and is in the Dallas and Collin counties. The early settlers in the area settled in the city limits that are now presently known as Restland. In 1872, a road-right-of-way was granted to the Houston and Texas Central Railway, and the city was then named after George Richardson, the then president of the railroad. Most of the city's businesses were just rebuilt in the early 1890s after a destructive fire burnt a significant part of the city's area. A quick increase in the population was after the completion of the "Red Brick Road" to Dallas, and after which, Richardson was incorporated. Although the city is mainly residential, it then developed into a research center, and various companies and research centers settled in the town.
Back to Home