New Berlin is located in the state of Wisconsin and a city in Waukesha County. It is situated in the eastern part of Waukesha County. The area’s first settlers arrived in the northeastern part where the present-day New Berlin stood in 1836, Sidney Evans and P.G. Harrington. The area’s first local government was established in 1838 which is a part of the Town Muskego, wherein at the time was composed to become New Berlin and Muskego. In 1839, the present-day area of NewBerlin was separated from Muskego and was then named Town of Mentor. Mentor was renamed to New Berlin in 1840 by Sidney Evans after his hometown in New York, New Berlin. The area has remained rural and agricultural area up until the 1940s and the westward migration to the suburbs from Milwaukee then started.
Back to Home