West Allis is located in the southeastern part of the state of Wisconsin and a city and suburb on the western part of Milwaukee. It sits on the southern part of Wauwatosa, Potawatomi, and the Menominee Indians, who were the inhabitants of the region. The settlers from New York arrived in 1835 and began farming along Honey Creek, and thus, named the area after it. The Milwaukee area is already growing, and a market for the agricultural products was established. In 1880, the Chicago and North Western Railway reached the city and named it to station North Greenfield, after which the community took its name in 1887. The area's growth spurred sitting in the boundary—the arrival of the lines for the streetcar from Milwaukee in 1894. And by 1902, the city became an industrial center, and after the arrival of the Edward P. Allis Company, the city was then named after him.
Back to Home